With 3 operating mines in northeast B.C., Walter Energy offers its employees challenging and rewarding career opportunities in great communities.
Walter Energy offers a competitive total compensation package. In addition to competitive wages, we offer a comprehensive benefit package which contains extended health, dental, long and short term disability, group RRSP plan, employee share purchase plan, life insurance and a confidential employee and family assistance program
Rewards and Benefits
Walter Energy, Inc. demonstrates its employee appreciation by offering competitive compensation and a broad range of employee benefits packages. To ensure financial stability for you and your family, Walter Energy, Inc. offers retirement plans. Health insurance, vision insurance and flexible spending accounts are offered to maintain the good health and well-being of Walter Energy, Inc. employees and their families. We also offer an employee stock purchase plan (with company match) so our employees can become shareholders.*
Stressing a work/life balance, Walter Energy, Inc. offers paid vacation, holidays, and an employee assistance program to aid our employees in creating this balance. Life insurance and long term disability /salary continuation are also offered at Walter Energy, Inc..
Other benefits include:*
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Group Auto/Homeowners Insurance Rates
- Legal Plan
- Business Travel Accidental Insurance
- Credit Union Membership
Walter Energy has a long history of community and charitable involvement. In choosing causes to support, we focus on organizations that benefit housing, children and families, health and education and arts and culture.
The Company has contributed approximately U.S. $1.5 million to various charitable organizations in the U.S. alone during the past five years.
For Walter Energy, giving back is part of our responsibility. By providing financial support to those in need, and by encouraging our employees to get involved, we make our communities a better place in which to live.
Walter Energy, Inc.'s charitable resources are allocated to specific projects and programs that fit within the Company's five focus areas of interest. While the majority of contributions are initiated by the Company, and involve multi-year commitments, unsolicited proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis. If an organization chooses to submit an unsolicited proposal, the following guidelines should apply:
Walter Energy, Inc. will only consider requests submitted by organizations which have a tax exempt classification under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c)1 of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- Priority is assigned to requests involving the volunteer efforts of Company employees.
Walter Energy, Inc. generally does not make charitable contributions to:
- Individuals, political, labor or religious groups, fraternal organizations or sports groups
- Fundraising events such as raffles, telethons, walk-a-thons or auctions
- Capital campaigns, construction and renovation projects
- Chairs, endowments or scholarships sponsored by academic or nonprofit institutions
- Special events such as conferences, symposia or sporting competitions
- Organizations that advocate, support or practice activities inconsistent with Walter Energy, Inc.'s non-discrimination policies, whether based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran
Nonprofit organizations wishing to submit unsolicited proposals to Walter Energy, Inc. should make an initial inquiry by submitting a brief letter of inquiry. The letter should include:
- Name, title and contact information of the person representing the requesting organization
- A brief description of the organization's purpose
- A brief description of the program or project to be funded. Please include milestones, expected outcomes and how the program fits within one of Walter Energy, Inc. five focus areas
- A copy of the organization's W-9, showing its tax-exempt status
Walter Energy, Inc. accepts proposals year-round. Please allow up to four weeks for a response. The Company's fiscal year is based on a calendar year.
| Top | | View Jobs |