Endeavour Silver is looking for people who want to grow with us. We are always looking for talented and hardworking people; people who share our values of safety, environment, community, respect and performance.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES IN CANADA
If you are interested in a career with Endeavour Silver, please send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for future job postings. Please specify what position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE:EXK) (TSX: EDR) (Frankfurt:EJD) is a mid-cap silver mining company focused on the growth of its silver production, reserves and resources in Mexico. Since start-up in 2004, Endeavour has posted seven consecutive years of aggressive silver production and resource growth. The organic expansion programs now underway at Endeavour's two operating silver mines in Mexico combined with its strategic acquisition program should help Endeavour achieve its goal to become a premier, senior silver mining company.
Endeavour stands out from other silver mining companies for its strong track record of growth, its outlook for continued growth, and it's per share leverage to silver production, cash-flow and earnings.
Company Snap Shot -Endeavour Silver Corp. has two producing silver mines in Mexico, the Guanacevi Mines operation in Durango State and the Bola√Īitos Mines (formerly called Guanajuato Mines) operation in Guanajuato State.
In 2011 these mines produced 3.7 million ounces of silver and 21,800 ounces of gold at a cash cost of $5.08 per ounce, net of by-product gold credits. Production is forecast to rise again in 2012 to 4.3 million ounces of silver and 26,800 ounces of gold and the company expects cash costs to range between $5.50 and $6.00 per ounce.
On April 15, 2012 Endeavour entered into a definitive agreement with Aurico Gold Inc. to purchase the El Cubo silver-gold mine in Guanajuato State, Mexico and the Guadalupe y Calvo silver-gold exploration project in Chihuahua State, Mexico, for a total consideration of up to US $250 million.
The acquisition, which is expected to close in June 2012, adds significant reserves and resources to Endeavour's inventory and will be a major contributor to the company's production of silver and gold.
After closing, Endeavour will provide a detailed outline of our capital and exploration budgets relating to El Cubo and our plans and expectations of the project.
In addition, the company has a portfolio of exploration properties which will undergo exploration and drilling in 2012.
Endeavour Silver Corp. is a mid-cap silver mining company focused on growth. Our goals are to enhance shareholder value through organic mine expansions and strategic mine acquisitions and improve the quality of life for every employee and their communities by operating in the most socially responsible manner
Social responsibility at Endeavour means more than just conducting our business in an ethical manner. It means that we aim to improve the quality of life for every employee and each community in which we work.
In the workplace, it means rigorous safety policies, training and practice to ensure our employees work in a safe and healthy manner. Safe work habits are just not a goal, they are our culture.
In the environment, it means taking extra measures to not only maintain the integrity of the ecosystems, but to improve previously disturbed areas, even if they predate and are unrelated to our activities. Green environmental practices are a reflection of who we are.
In the community, it means supporting the local people whenever possible, from helping to fund festival celebrations to more important ventures such as skills training for young people who are unemployed, or sponsoring university scholarships.
Endeavour is motivated to make a positive difference in people's lives. We care about our people.
- Reduced lost time accidents by 36% from 11 in 2010 to 7 in 2011.
- Expanded regular safety, mine rescue and community emergency training.
- Increased our personnel training hours by 91% from 24,500 hrs in 2010 to 46,800 hrs in 2011.
- Increased employees' monthly safety bonus to emphasize the importance of safe work habits.
- Continued to install new signs for prevention, restriction and evacuation information at the mine and plant.
- Placed 2nd out of 20 teams in First Aid & 3rd out of 27 teams in Mine Rescue at recent Mexico National Mine Safety Competition.
- Given two top national 2010 safety awards "Cascos de Plata" for Guanacevi & Guanajuato.
- Received Certificate of Clean Industry for Guanacevi, Certificate is pending for Guanajuato
- Continued to expand and upgrade the Guanacev√≠ tailings dam.
- Completed the expansion of the Guanajuato tailings project.
- Maintained our tree nurseries at both mines and cacti gardens at Guanajuato.
- Continued planting trees around work areas, 600 trees of different species were planted around the Guanajuato operations and 500 in Guanacev√≠.
- Provided funding for community projects at both mines such as "Children's Day", "Teachers Day", "Mother's Day" and for local religious ceremonies like "Semana Santa".
- Donated sports uniforms to a women's volleyball league and men's soccer teams.
- Funded transportation for several sport teams to attend national competitions.
- Gave scholarships to distinguished students: 27 children from the Guanacevi area (11 elementary, 8 junior high, 5 high school, 3 university); 20 from the Guanajuato area (16 elementary, 3 junior high, 1 high school)
- Donated construction material to improve the conditions of various schools and churches in the communities around Guanajuato and Guanacevi.
- Provided training to 7 women at Guanajuato on how to use mining equipment to give them new skills and increase their job opportunities in the mining community -- 3 of these women are now working with Endeavour. In Guanacevi 7 women received training on the Scoop Tram and 4 of these women are currently working for us.
- Organized a Leadership and Human Development workshop for employees
- Provided educational material to the community on environmental and safety issues
- Repaved and upgraded the roads near the schools in Guanajuato.
- Provided 120 hours of free workshops for the community of Guanajuato for people to develop skills.
- Participated in the initiation of a health campaign to rehabilitate medical infrastructure called "Healthy Communities" for the community of Guanacevi.
- Initiated a health campaign in Guanajuato: 400 children and women received medical and dental attention.
- We donated 100 wheelchairs for the community of Guanajuato though the "Wheelchair Foundation" and 7 wheelchairs for the community of Guanacev√≠.
- Sponsored a charity campaign that raised $185,000 for the Canucks for Kids Fund.
- Participated for the 6th year in a row in the "Mining for Miracles Campaign" and raised $200,000 towards helping to build a new BC Children's Hospital.
- Participated as a sponsor for the Special Olympics of British Columbia.
- Helped fundraise for Canuck Place Children's Hospice by donating a silver bar worth aprox. $7,800 in Jan 2012, which got raffled at the Vancouver Roundup 2012.
Initiated two $500,000, 5 year scholarship programs for Earth Sciences at Queens University and The University of British Columbia
| Top | | View Jobs |