St Andrew Goldfields Ltd. (‚ÄúSt Andrew‚ÄĚ, or ‚ÄúSAS‚ÄĚ,), is an emerging junior gold producerwith an extensive land package in the Timmins mining district, Northeastern Ontario, Canada, which lies within the world famous Abitibi greenstone belt.
SAS‚Äô initial focus is to return to being a producer through its Holloway Mine, Hislop Mine , and Holt Mine . With the existing infrastructure in place (permits, Holt mill with a 3,000 tpd capacity, two fully constructed underground mines, access roads, and power) and a dedicated and experienced team, SAS is poised for success.
With the steady cash flow that production from these projects will generate, SAS can advance its exploration activities on this exciting 120 km long package of claims, host to the Porcupine-Destor Fault Zone (‚ÄúPDFZ‚ÄĚ), that is associated with numerous gold deposits and mines in the region. tAndrewGoldfieldsText">St Andrew Goldfields Ltd. (“St Andrew”, or “SAS”,), is an emerging junior gold producerwith an extensive land package in the Timmins mining district, Northeastern Ontario, Canada, which lies within the world famous Abitibi greenstone belt.
SAS’ initial focus is to return to being a producer through its Holloway Mine, Hislop Mine , and Holt Mine . With the existing infrastructure in place (permits, Holt mill with a 3,000 tpd capacity, two fully constructed underground mines, access roads, and power) and a dedicated and experienced team, SAS is poised for success.
With the steady cash flow that production from these projects will generate, SAS can advance its exploration activities on this exciting 120 km long package of claims, host to the Porcupine-Destor Fault Zone (“PDFZ”), that is associated with numerous gold deposits and mines in the region.
Health and Safety
St Andrew Goldfields Ltd. ("St Andrew"), through its directors, officers, management, and employees, is absolutely committed to conducting operations with the highest regard for protection of the health and safety of its employees, contractors and community. We will promote a health and safety conscious environment in which to work, and engage in a process of continuous improvement of our performance. We believe that the protection of the health and safety of all people involved in our operations forms the first principle of our corporation ‚Äď safe production. This can only be accomplished by instilling a culture which is fully committed to the Internal Responsibility System - where each and every individual has defined responsibilities and relationships, working with mutual commitment, to eliminate or control workplace hazards.
To achieve these goals, the following principles form the core value of our health and safety policy:
Promote a zero loss philosophy - all accidents and incidents are preventable
- Engage in a process of risk analyses to eliminate or minimize risk
- Ensure Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee participation in the process
- Objectively investigate and analyze all incidents and accidents to learn from the failures and to ensure non- repeatability
- Provide the resources required to train and equip all emergency response teams
- Establish and implement comprehensive health and safety systems and processes to eliminate or control workplace risks
- Ensure employee training to provide and maintain skill sets required to work safely
- Ensure timely and effective communication regarding all accidents, incidents, regulatory matters, and topics regarding health and safety of the workforce
- Promote and encourage employee recognition and awareness in reporting suspected health and safety issues to management to aid in the prevention of unwanted events
- Ensure that all third parties operate according to St Andrew's environmental policy and procedures
Strategy and Objectives
SAS is poised for great success. The Company has refocused its efforts on exploring and developing the exciting projects in the Timmins area with 2 mines already in production and a third set for production before the end of 2010, and numerous exploration targets.
The key components of the Company’s strategy are:
- Recommencing gold production at the Company’s existing gold mines;
- expanding the Company’s gold reserve and resource base by undertaking exploration programs around existing mine sites and exploration properties; and
- building and maintaining a management and executive team with the necessary experience and expertise to carry out and achieve this strategy.
The Company’s objectives for 2011 are focused on:
- Conducting proper development work for scheduled production at the Holt Mine towards the beginning of 2011;
- Continue to aggressively explore key targets near the existing operations, and follow up on some interesting conceptual targets;
- continue to develop a labour force capable of sustaining the levels of gold production and exploration efforts planned at the Company’s operations;
- establishing a growing gold production profile through exploration success; and
- Building a foundation for profitable growth!
SAS commenced production at the Holloway Mine in November 2009, the Hislop Mine in June 2010, and has commenced pre-production activities at the Holt Mine to put it into production by the beginning of 2011.
Timmins Mining District
SAS owns 120km of land claims in the Timmins Mining District, just east of Timmins up to the Quebec border, which is part of the Abitibi Greenstone Belt, the largest Archean greenstone belt of its kind in the world and one of the most prolific in terms of gold production. The major structural features in the central Abitibi Greenstone Belt are the Porcupine-Destor Fault Zone (the “PDFZ”) and the Pipestone Fault. The PDFZ is the host geological structure for the majority of gold production in the Timmins area. Gold deposits are commonly localized within and proximal to the PDFZ and these include the major mines of the Timmins camp (Dome, Hollinger, McIntyre, Pamour and Hoyle Pond) which have produced over 70,000,000 ounces of gold since 1910. A number of gold deposits have been discovered in more recent years, including the Holt-McDermott Mine, Holloway Mine, Owl Creek Mine, Bell Creek Mine, Clavos Deposit, Stock Mine, Taylor Project, Hislop Mine, Aquarius Deposit, Glimmer Mine, Fenn-Gib Deposit, Southwest Zone, Jonpol Mine and a number of other prospects.
SAS owns the Holloway-Holt Properties, Hislop Project, Taylor Project, Aquarius Project and the Clavos Project.
The Company intends to engage in continuing exploration programs on its extensive land package and are currently conducting an aggressive program on some key targets. Targets include areas close to existing operations (Smoke Deep Zone and Deep Thunder Zone at the Holloway Mine), advanced stage exploration targets (Taylor, Aquarius and Clavos), and grass roots exploration on a number of targets that have had historical hits with little to no follow up work (Garrison Creek Project).
The Eskay Creek Project in British Columbia has been optioned to Kenrich-Eskay Mining Corporation ("Kenrich-Eskay"), whereby Kenrich-Eskay has the option to earn an 80% interest in the Project.
The exploration effort will provide the Company with the opportunity to find new discoveries and additional gold reserves and resources for the Company.
Holloway - Holt
The Holloway-Holt Mine and Mill are located at the eastern end of St Andrew‚Äôs extensive land package in the Timmins Mining District, northeastern Ontario. The Holloway-Holt property includes an irregularly shaped, east-west elongate assemblage of claims, patents, and mining leases that more or less straddles Ontario Provincial Highway 101 East for about 40 kilometers beginning east of Matheson and extending to the Quebec border. The Holloway and Holt gold mines are located approximately 45 kilometers northeast of Kirkland Lake and 52 kilometers by road east of Matheson, Ontario.
The Holloway Mine commenced production in November 2009. Ore mined from the Holloway Mine is processed at the Company‚Äôs 3,000tpd Holt Mill located approximately 1km away on the south side of Highway 101 East.
The Hislop Project, consisting of approximately 24 leased or patented claims in Hislop and Guibord Townships totaling approximately 571 hectares, is located approximately 85 kilometres by road east of Timmins, Ontario or 45 kilometres west of the Company‚Äôs Holt Mill.
SAS commenced development work on the project in the spring of 2010, and put the operation into production at the end of June 2010. The Hislop Mine is currently producing at approximately 1,500 tpd.
The Holt Mine is currently undergoing pre-production development work and is expected to enter production at the start of 2011. The Holt Mine has the largest reserves of the three operations, and will ramp up towards 1,000tpd during 2011.
Should you require further information, please feel free to contact us via phone, fax or email, and we will be happy to assist you.
CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE
20 Adelaide Street East, Suite 1500
Toronto ON M5C 2T6
Tel: 416-815-9855; Fax: 416-815-9437
Address: Highway 101 East, Box 609
Canada P0K 1N0
Regional Exploration Office:
Address: 489 MacDougall Street, Box 609
Canada P0K 1N0
| Top | | View Jobs |