Our client, a diversified investments business, is looking to recruit an Analyst/Associate to work as part of a small Resources focused investment team, with the primary focus of investing the internal funds on a broad spectrum of global transactions.
The group has investments in over 75 countries with an extensive global network of offices.
The Funds have a wealth of experience across a range of geographies and invest in sectors including; Infrastructure, Marine, Real Estate, Metals & Mining, Logistics, Retail, Agribusiness and Sustainable/Clean Technology. They are growing the Metals & Mining team due to high deal flow and profitability.
Reporting to the Head of Resources, the successful candidate will be involved in the entire deal process including:
- Research and data analysis
- Presentations / memoranda
- Financial modelling
- Investment appraisal
- International travel due to the international nature of mandates (not likely to amount to more than 15-20% of working time)
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of corporate finance experience in a large investment bank or leading boutique
- Experience of entire transaction processes and the procedures involved in concluding a deal
- Strong academic qualifications
- A high level of Excel skills and the ability to undertake sophisticated financial modelling
- Excellent presentation abilities
- The capability to operate autonomously in a small and dynamic team
- Multi-sector experience across geographies would be advantageous, as would fluency in additional languages – particularly Spanish and Portuguese