|Location:||Perth, WA||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||24226||CareerMine Job Id:||1344360|
The 55 million tonnes per annum [Company] Project represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port projects to be developed in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated 115 kilometres north of Newman, in one of the world’s premier iron ore provinces, the world class [Company] Project is the only independent iron ore project with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine of life of more than 20 years, the [Company] Project is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
[Company] is currently seeking an Operational Applications Analyst to join the Technology department on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. Reporting to the Superintendent Systems, this position is based at the Roy Hill Remote Operations Centre located near the Perth International Airport.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide overall application support, integration, analysis, optimisation, maintenance and improvement for the overall Mining Operations function across multiple systems, to ensure the business fulfils its fully integrated vision and achieves maximum return on its investment.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Performing ongoing Operational Application related systems and application support and escalating any issues to the Superintendent Systems.
- Providing system configuration services and skills to support the departments, meeting the IT Department’s committed service obligations.
- Undertaking business analysis and providing input into the modelling and documentation of the business processes that are supported by the available or proposed software.
- Coordinating & facilitating business, functional and technical requirements and capturing by employing recognised techniques including workshops, one-on-one interviews, and data and systems analysis.
- Proactively and effectively engaging key decision makers, systems owners and end users to define business and operations integration requirements and goals, and identifying and resolving applications related issues that will ensure an optimised outcome.
- Ensuring effective feedback and reporting to management that reflects progress, deadlines, issues and risks.
- Liaising with the Project Team and vendors to provide ongoing technical development, solution design and product management to ensure an optimised solution to the business function owner.
To be considered for this opportunity you will offer:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, IT or Engineering, or 10 years’ equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in operating, managing, supervising, providing hardware/software support and configuration support for Mining Operations systems, covering one or more of the following;
- Asset Management Systems
- Materials Management Systems
- Process Historian Systems
- Master Data Management Systems
- Logistics Planning Systems
- Production Accounting and Delay Accounting systems.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in gathering requirements for generating Mining Operations system reports.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a managed application environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in documenting business process flows using BPMN.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management methodology and practices.
- Knowledge of application and machine integration.
- Demonstrable skills in system configuration and analysis activities.
A career with [Company] offers you the real chance to play a part in one of Australia’s most important and innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port projects. You will be part of a high performance organisation, where a culture of collaboration and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best. [Company] offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including short term incentives.