|Location:||Pittsburgh, PA||Posted Date:||March 18, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||7946BR||CareerMine Job Id:||1345176|
- Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. [Company] is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of[Company] , known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
- The role of the Benefits Service Center Intern is to assist with the administration and daily support of the North America employee benefits (active and retirees). Provide administrative support for customer inquiries, including but not limited to, addressing questions, providing or requesting appropriate documentation from the customer, accurately documenting case details/history, and ensuring appropriate closure or escalation.
Scope of Job:
- Administers [Company] North America employee and retiree benefits including processing enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates resolution for [Company] North America benefits requests, questions and inquiries.
- Responsible for validating data and output reports. Assertively taking action(s) to resolve data discrepancies and/or issues.
- Responsible for data entry into appropriate systems.
- Notifies payroll and/or third party vendors to ensure accurate record keeping and/or proper deductions, as needed.
- Depending on the inquiry, provides counsel to employees and retirees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate. Escalates potential problems in a timely manner.
- Escalates questions that are beyond level of knowledge to appropriate party or to supervisor
- Other related tasks may include record management, benefit eligibility verification, and file management.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (junior entering senior year) or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Health Care Administration or related area of study
- Area of interest in employee/retiree benefits
- GPA of a 3.0 or above
- Preferred prior experience in an office environment
- A high-energy, self-motivated professional accustomed to moving at a fast pace in a progressive environment.
- Dedicated and fast learner, committed to meeting deadlines.
- Must be available to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm schedule for 3-week "Boot Camp" training period, then could transition to part-time schedule (important that intern is here by 8am for daily team huddle).
- Ability to work an 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 8:00 am to 2:00 pm schedule on a part- or full-time basis for balance of internship.
- Preferred Skills We are looking for motivated self-starters who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, a successful intern will have:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- A willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Leadership and strong decision-making skills
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.