Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Business Management Internship
||Various Locations, USA
||January 29, 2013
||March 30, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- The T. E. Ibberson Company , a wholly-owned subsidiary of TIC-The Industrial Company , is an industry-preferred engineering and construction company with over 130 years of experience worldwide. TEI specializes in slipform construction serving specific industries each with its own unique design/build emphasis. Providing a complete spectrum of services, including concept development, facility design and construction, equipment installation, and start-up and commissioning, TEI is a valued business unit within the Kiewit Companies. Based in Minneapolis, MN, and with current project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with TEI . TEI offers employees competitive health benefits, generous 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
- In this internship, the intern will gain a general understanding of business management roles in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc; the program should complement the intern’s classroom education and begin preparing the intern to make a significant contribution as a Business Manager.
- Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent degree.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Candidates must also have the ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate as business needs.
- This internship position reports to the Business Manager. The interns are exposed to a number of responsibilities held by business management roles including:
- Assists in the management of business aspects of an assigned project.
- Troubleshooting job conditions, accounting, financial projections, human resources, payroll, purchasing, taxes, and subcontracts.
- High level of involvement in the operation of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Support compliance effort relating to EEO, DBE/MBE, Environmental, DOT, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assists in compliance with federal and state taxes including payroll, use and property taxes.
- Assists in the supervision of the project business office staff including accounts payable, payroll, and reception functions.
- Obtains documentation to support subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates including bonding, insurance and lien releases.
- Involvement in project office complex setup. Assists Business Management in training office personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.