|Location:||Oakland, CA||Posted Date:||March 18, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||22821||CareerMine Job Id:||1345173|
- [Company] is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. [Company] receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
- [Company] offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
- [Company] is seeking a motivated Environmental Engineer or Scientist Intern (available to work both spring and summer 2017) to support our environmental consulting services and sustainability initiatives in our Oakland, CA office; with support to other [Company] Bay Area offices. This position provides a great opportunity to get exposure to corporate sustainability program implementation and tracking, and environmental site assessments and remediation, which may involve field work and technical report preparation. Typical sustainability program implementation tasks could include: 1) preparing and presenting firm-wide sustainability guidelines; 2) coordinating and calculating the firm’s carbon footprint; 3) compiling firm-wide paper usage data and preparing strategies to reduce paper usage; 4) developing an update to [Company] corporate sustainability plan.
- The successful candidate will complete assignments under the close supervision of a project or task manager in the office and may perform duties in the field. Typical assignments include: records review, data tabulation, chemical data evaluation, engineering calculations, report and proposal preparation, performing site investigations including soil and groundwater sampling, contractor oversight, and supporting green practices and initiatives in the office.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Working knowledge of GIS, database or other environmentally related software is a plus;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Local Bay Area candidates preferred.