- Chief Mining Engineer, Permanent Position
- Employer of Choice (FIFO 9/5)
- Work with like minded people!
- Be well rewarded for your skills / experience!
Our client is an established, “employer of choice” within the resources sector. Their people, work environment and culture are second to none! They currently require a Chief Mining Engineer to be responsible for the coordination and provision of the operational short and medium term mine planning, scheduling and reporting requirements for one of their significant Operations.
The successful candidate will be required to provide Technical support / operational oversight of the mine production, engineering and associated activities. In this high profile role you will also enjoy performing project work in production and operations optimisation, mine design, cost analysis and continuous improvement as required to achieve the targets and goals of the business.
To perform this ‘much sort after’ position, the selected applicant will have circa 8+ years proven experience in senior operational and technical support roles in open-pit mining operations including Mine Planning, Pit Optimisation and Mine Scheduling.
Other highly desirable skills / experience include:
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Iron ore mining and blending knowledge.
- Exposure to multi-pit and multi-element mining operations.
- Operating knowledge of Surpac / MineSched or similar software packages.
- Experience with and application of Business Improvement methodologies and tools.
- Follow and comply with all company Safety, Environmental and Company systems/policies/procedures at all times and assist in the development of systems / policies / procedures.
- Establish a culture of safety awareness through the demonstration of superior safety leadership and the application of safe work practices and the principles of duty of care.
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of procedures and programs designed to minimise the impact of mining operations on the environment.
- Contribute to the creation of a culture that is receptive to change, responds to feedback and strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the development and execution of safe, effective and cost efficient short and medium term mine plans and production schedules.
- Provide mining engineering solutions to effectively manage technical risks associated with open-cut mining.
- Ensure identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Manage capital and operating projects that are related to the ongoing development and improvement of the mining operations including pit dewatering, pioneering earthworks, haul road construction etc.
- Contribute to the development of junior personnel through coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure that effective working relationships are built and maintained with other departments / stakeholders within the Alliance to ensure that strategic and tactical goals and targets are achieved.
- Contribute to the development of current and long-range cost-effective plans and objectives and assist in the analysis and review of their progressive attainment.
- Review projections for capital and operating expenditure and regularly monitor and control performance against budgeted financial targets.
- Contribute to the preparation of Annual Budgets with the development of the required Mine Plans and operating cost estimates.
- Manage/Supervise all staff reporting to your position so as to effectively recruit, develop, coach/mentor, motivate, evaluate and monitor them.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times
On offer is the opportunity to work with like minded, progressive people and a ‘well deserved’ remuneration package (FIFO 9/5) with one of Perth’s true employers of choice.