- Salary package negotiable based on experience
- Family friendly environment with culturally diverse workforce
- Office based in Brisbane CBD with some travel required
An opportunity exists for Senior Civil Engineer to join a rapidly growing, multi disciplined firm specialising in Civil, Structural and Hydraulic Engineering. You will report solely to the Directors and your position will form part of the Senior Management Team. Your team will consist of 3x Engineers, 1x Graduate Engineer, 3x Designers and 3x Drafters with capabilities to expand.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to:
To be considered for this role you will be required to have the following:
- Training, mentoring and development of a young vibrant Civil Engineering team;
- Providing expert technical advice to the engineering design team, ensuring projects are effectively supported;
- Ensuring consistency and quality of the production and review of engineering designs and technical specifications;
- Design checking and verification processes, ensuring quality and consistency, as well as adherence to standards and procedures;
- Coordinate the tender and construction processes for a variety of civil projects
- Preparation of fee proposals and invoicing;
- Negotiation of fees, project timelines and other project-related issues
- Liaise with key stakeholders including but not limited to clients, government agencies and contractors.
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering accredited by Engineers Australia
- RPEQ registration (or willingness to obtain within 6 months)
- Proficient use of 12D, PC Drains and Drains software packages
- Experience in leading, developing and mentoring a team of engineers, designers and drafters
- Proven experience in managing, performing and taking responsibility for engineering design accuracy, quality, consistency and innovation
- A high level of skill in coaching and leading multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver required outcomes
- Proven track record in South-East Queensland, including relationships with local governments, clients and referrers
No representation of candidates will be made to clients without the candidate's permission to do so.