My client is a local government organisation whose workload has increased phenomenally in the last 12 months. You will be joining an established team with a family friendly culture and impressive rates of pay.
Skills / Experience
- Experience in the skill areas of survey, analysis, design and documentation of civil infrastructure.
- Experience with traffic devices + roads + curbs and gutters
- Experience in the application of current Australian engineering design standards, and in particular, RMS (formally RTA), AUSTROADS standards and guidelines, AUS-SPEC and Australian Rainfall & Runoff.
- Competent in the use of civil engineering computer software, including programs such as 12D, AutoCAD, AutoTURN, ParkCAD, MS Office, DRAINS and HEC-RAS.
- Competent in the preparation of construction cost estimates and quantities for civil infrastructure projects.
- Competent in carrying out civil designs in compliance to the current standard for complex and non-routine projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia with a minimum of 3 -5 years acceptable work experience at the level of a Professional Engineer or a Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum of five years acceptable work experience at the level of Civil Designer.
- Current Class C driver's licence
- Carry out site investigation; prepare designs including detailed drawings and reports.
- Prepare bill of quantities and construction cost estimates for related projects.
- Complete allocated tasks accurately and efficiently, ensuring compliance with current standards with minimum amendments in the field, during construction.
- Liaise with Council’s Project officer/s and Project partner/s and have the ability to work independently
- Liaise with residents, Utilities and other Government agencies as required, in the delivery of design documentation.
- Monitor time and costs on allocated tasks and associated projects to ensure that they are undertaken within the overall budget.
- Maintain accurate and complete timesheets for job/project costing.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a move into the government space. If this role sounds like you, pick up the phone and give me a call to discuss this opportunity further. This is an immediate role with the likely possibility that this contact will get extended. I am looking at a start date next week.