Civil Inspector (Engineering) Job Description:
- Our client is one of the largest midstream and energy company (based on combined enterprise value) in North America. They operate approximately 75,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our client also stores and handles a variety of products and materials at our terminals such as gasoline, jet fuel, ethanol, coal, petroleum coke and steel. They are looking for a Civil Inspector on a 1-year renewable contract assignment. Below, please find some specs on the job description.
Main Purpose of Project:
- Lead and direct efforts to ensure appropriate quality is achieved on major construction projects managed by the Terminals Major Projects Group. Work with Project Mangers, Project Team, and Contractors to monitor and report project progress, quality and safety.
- Responsible for quality control within their discipline including but not limited to Earth work, foundation, structural steel, piling, marine structures.
- Review, approve and oversee the construction companies QA/QC plans and assure compliance with Contract drawings and specification.
- Inspection of offsite fabrication shop to ensure compliance with Vendors & Contract drawings and specification.
- As required provide oversight and /or coordinate preparation of "as built" drawing and documentation.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Extensive (10 years minimum) industry experience within discipline.
- Ability to travel according to workload is required.
Experience, Knowledge, Certifications, & Licenses:
- Must be up to date on all related OQ Tasks
- Must possess expert knowledge in discipline, including relevant industry certifications.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Must have ability to interface with multiple disciplines including management, engineers, project managers, accountants, procurement, and contractors.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to identify potential issues early and confidence to resolve.
- Computer skills; knowledge of MS Word.
- Complete all Company required training and perform all duties in compliance with Company safety, health, environmental policies and goals.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a TWIC card.
Required Skills for Civil Inspector (Engineering) Job:
- Up To Date On All QC Tasks
- Must Have or Capable Of Obtaining A TWIC Card
- Knowledge of MS Word
- 10 Years Minimum Industry Experience w/ Discipline
- Must Be Able To Lift 25 Pounds