Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||January 29, 2013
||March 30, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- Growth is a top priority for [C] Agrium Wholesale [/C] and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our Company. To achieve growth and remain healthy and profitable we need talented, diverse employees to support our initiatives. In 2012, we were named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and in 2012 one of Alberta’s Top 55 Employers. Come grow your career at [C] Agrium Wholesale [/C] where our employees strive to make a difference and take pride in helping to feed the world.
- Reporting to the Project Lightning Project Director, the Construction Manager will oversee all construction as it relates to the project. This includes installation of site facilities for Owner and Contractor, utilities, connection to feedstock supply lines and transportation connections. The position will be located in the US mid-west.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Process and OSBL EPC Contractors to develop the Project Execution Plan and any related site execution policies and procedures
- Assist in negotiating the Process Construction and OSBL EPC contracts as required
- Ensure constructability reviews are completed and consistently applied and documented across the project
- Work with the EPC contractors, operations, and the EH&S manager to develop site specific policies and procedures to enhance construction quality and productivity while maintaining a zero incident philosophy over the duration of this circa 7 million work-hour project. This includes assisting the EH&S manager where required to draft and seek approval of project specific EMS implementation and incentive programs.
- In conjunction with the EPC contractors, develop and implement the project site access and control security system.
- Work with the EPCs contractor in developing and implementing modularization and pre-assembly programs where practicable
- Work with the project Commissioning manager to develop the pre-commissioning and commissioning plans to be implemented by the EPC contractors following mechanical completion of each system.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, manage Quality Assurance / Quality Control personnel and ensure QA/QC objectives for the project are met and that QA/ QC principles are consistently applied
- Manage the ground disturbance program and ensure that underground installations are surveyed and all as-builts are documented and back drafted
- With the Project Contracts Manager, retain the site survey contractor and ensure overall management of consistent site survey and as-builts.
- Develop and manage the labor execution strategy and coordinate with the EPC Contractors and HR to manage labor requirements
- In conjunction with HR, and the site EH&S Manager , ensure that the Drug and Alcohol Program is adhered to as per the EPC contract provisions
- In conjunction with the project Commissioning Manager, manage turn over and complete turnover readiness assessment
- Work with the contractors on their worker logistics plan, if required. A housing plan should not be required this close to major metropolitan areas.
- Develop and manage site work construction schedules.
- Work with the EPC contractor and site EH&S Manager on development and implement of the project wide orientation system
- Oversight of the EPC’s overall turnover database and document management system for field documentation
- Provide inputs to the engineering team as the constructability representative
- Develop overall staffing plan in consideration with Contractor requirements
- Work with the contractors on their workpackage planning philosophies and ensure that workpackage planning fundamentals are being adhered to throughout the execution phase of the project.
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager to evaluate and negotiate dispute settlements as required
- Participate in the negotiation of union labor agreements if required
- Manage labor relations issues
- Communicate Union labor requirements to the engineering and procurement teams
Qualifications of the position include:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or comparable discipline
- Minimum of 20+ years’ experience
- Construction Management experience – 10+ years, including both Open Shop and Union environments
- Experience in managing multi-discipline projects in the $500M+ range in a chemical or heavy industry facility
- Construction experience in Mid-West chemical plant or refinery – required
- Results Orientation – Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with direct implications to the business; must be highly self-drive, with ability to excel autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in judgment and decision making in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently and interface with various levels of management and groups in a multi-task, deadline oriented, team-oriented project environment
- Reports to the Project Director who will be located at the Site for the majority of the construction period
- Operate within the parameters of the Owner’s Construction Management position when interfacing with the EPC or C entities working under typically lump sum terms in the execution of the work.