|Location:||Augusta, GA||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||047252||CareerMine Job Id:||1351413|
[Company] is currently hiring for a Converting Supervisor at its Augusta, GA Corrugated Box Manufacturing Facility. The ideal candidates will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. This opportunity would be on 3rd shift (11p-7a) and would have approximately 10 hourly direct reports.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
- Ensuring all employees are working in a safe manner.
- Exemplifying and advancing the application of MBM® (Market Based Management).
- Ensuring quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
- Ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
- Tracking continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Strictly adhering to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
- Identifying repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
- Planning, assigning and directing work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with converting equipment i.e. Flexo Converting Machine
- At least 5 years of experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years of experience supervising employees within a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Availability to work shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Experience with computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, engineering, or related field.
- Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry.
- Experience working with a Die Cut Machine
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience working with KIWI application.