|Location:||Spartanburg, SC||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||047232||CareerMine Job Id:||1351408|
[Company] is currently hiring for a Converting Supervisor at its Spartanburg, SC Corrugated Box Manufacturing Facility. The Spartanburg facility has an array of the most modern converting equipment in the packaging industry[Company] . The ideal candidates will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. This opportunity would be on 1st (7a- 3p) or 2nd (3p-11a) and would have 10 hourly direct reports.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
- Exemplify and advance the application of MBM® (Market Based Management).
- Ensure quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
- Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
- Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
- Must possess problem solving/root cause analysis skills; leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate teams to exceed expectation; communication, planning and organization skills; sense of urgency and accountability; customer focus; ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Two (2) or more years of experience supervising employees within a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Experience with computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, engineering, or related field.
- Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry.
- Experience working with KIWI application.