International Engineering Concern specializing in the design, manufacturing and servicing of a wide range of trackless underground mining machines requires the service of a qualified Earthmoving Diesel Fitter.
This Engineering Concern requires a Diesel Fitter to diagnose, repair and replace mechanical parts on underground mining equipment. They also maintain and repair the cooling systems, diesel fuel systems as well as air compressor components.
- Matric / Grade 12 certificate
- Must have relevant Petrol/ Diesel/ Motor Mechanic trade qualification
- Must be red seal qualified
- Minimum of 5 years experience on mining machines
- Valid drivers license
- Test, repair or replace diesel fuel systems, engines, cooling components
- Service and repair all components of the hydraulic systems
- Repair and service manual and automatic gearboxes and transmissions
- Carry out routine services including checking and renewing all relevant fluids.
- Ability to read technical specifications
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment with precision
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose problems
- Oral communications skills
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Good health, physical fitness, stamina and manual dexterity
- Good vision, hearing, and sense of smell to diagnose problems.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures