Our client is currently looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis to be based at their design offices in Derbyshire. They supply heavy duty Mining Equipment to the global Mines and Quarries market, with offices worldwide. It is essential for this role that the successful candidate is willing to travel and spend time abroad.
- Design of electrical and automated systems for heavy mobile mining machinery.
- Specification of process control requirements and components.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications.
- Supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Production of engineering drawings including P & IDs. Logic flow, single line etc.
- Technical support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience in a senior role involving similar expertise to the company’s requirements.
- A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems is advantageous, as is the knowledge of state of the art technologies in this field.
- The company also has a particular interest in energy efficiency in order to promote the development of their Green Mining technology.
- A working knowledge of variable speed drives would also be advantageous.