Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||February 8, 2014
Essroc Cement Corp.
||April 9, 2014
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- [C] ESSROC Cement Corp., North American division of Italcementi Group[/C] , a world leader in cement and building materials production, technology and research, has an exciting opportunity available at our Logansport, IN facility for an Electrical Supervisor.
- The purpose of the Electrical Supervisor is to supervise the in-house installation, repair and preventative maintenance of all electrical equipment and supply for the cement plant; including electrical procurement, modification, liaison with outside contractors and coordination with the mechanical maintenance and production department. The position directly supervises hourly electrical and instrumentation employees in performance of their daily activities. The position recommends and develops improvements that will upgrade the operation of the plant to increase equipment reliability within the departmental budget. The position should continuously update all instrumentation to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Candidate should possess electrical experience of systems, instrumentation, power distribution, control circuits, and PLCs, motors, transformers, scales calibration, VFDs.
- Expected to understand the impact of how equipment being down effects production and have the ability to provide the necessary time and resources to follow the job until the plant is running.
- Ability to physically inspect plant properties where climbing steps, ladders, and physical exertion is a primary responsibility.
- Develop and improve performance of the electrical staff (rework, planning, scope, quality of work, clean up, clearly defining their expectations).
- Ability to supervise electrical hourly staff and set plant priorities in a changing environment.
- Must be able to communicate safety as part of daily work activities so that employees take a more active role in plant safety and safety of others.
- Develop and carry through on long-range and annual electrical plans to insure optimum equipment efficiency and operation.
- Assists in annual budgets to meet the criteria of the electrical plan.
- Plans and manages electrical jobs of annual maintenance shutdowns to insure that costs and downtime are minimized.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, or minimum of AS degree with relevant practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems in a large plant atmosphere.
- Strong computer network skills (preferably SAP), in-depth knowledge of MRP systems and inventory control.
- Knowledge and understanding of PLCs as well as the ability to diagnose low and high voltage circuit problems.
- Knowledge of precipitators helpful.