|Location:||Perth, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||25544||CareerMine Job Id:||1345257|
The 55 million tonnes per annum [Company] Project represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port projects to be developed in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated 115 kilometres north of Newman, in one of the world’s premier iron ore provinces, the world class [Company] Project is the only independent iron ore project with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine of life of more than 20 years, the [Company] Project is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
[Company] is currently seeking an experienced Engineer IT/OT Infrastructure to join our Technology Team. Reporting to the Superintendent Infrastructure, this position is based at the [Company] Mine Site (with the potential requirement to work at the Port) on an 8 days on; 6 days off – 12.5 hour roster.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide Level 2/3 technical and administrative support at Roy Hill’s site based operations for all IT/OT systems supported by Roy Hill’s Technology Infrastructure group.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Ensure SLAs and OLAs are measured and achieved and business expectations are met.
- Identify and lead service improvement and cost reduction/efficiency initiatives (People, Process, Product and Partners).
- Manage and ensure optimal operation and availability of related IT/OT infrastructure across the Technology Infrastructure group’s supported services.
- Be the single point of ownership and natural extension of the Perth based team for all site related IT/OT infrastructure issues.
- Plan, acquire and coordinate the installation and repair of site hardware and software across IT/OT Infrastructure services.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and support teams to implement and support IT/OT systems and services.
- Administer IT/OT equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Build effective internal and external relationships by engaging frequently and on an ongoing basis with the Technology Team and vendors.
- Perform ongoing service improvements to meet maturity requirements.
To be considered for this opportunity you will offer:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT/OT Infrastructure support and/or Information Management role.
- 5 years’ experience supporting IT/OT Networks and Communications including both LAN/WAN as well as complex RF Networks (Motorola Mesh, Microwave, LTE).
- Mining industry experience with at least 5 of these years having been spent in an FIFO IT/OT support role.
- Experience in leading end-to-end delivery of small projects from design through to support.
- Deep technical understanding of the support and troubleshooting required to effectively manage RF Networks (Motorola Mesh, Microwave, LTE).
- Deep technical understanding of networking technologies including Routing, VLAN’s, Subnets, and Firewalls.
- Ability to generate detailed physical and logical designs using Microsoft Visio and other design tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Information Management or a related discipline I.e. Technical Support or Technical Management, or an Advanced Diploma in Engineering/Information Management.
- Industry Certifications (Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Commvault).
- Project Management Certifications (PMI, PRINCE2).
- Architecture Certifications (TOGAF, SABSA).
- SCADA Related Experience.
A career with [Company] offers you the real chance to play a part in one of Australia’s most important and innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port projects. You will be part of a high performance organisation, where a culture of collaboration and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best. [Company] offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including short term incentives.