Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||January 21, 2013
||March 21, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- Coordinate quarry activities with contractors and Omya staff to ensure that efficient production and development are completed safely and in accordance with both short and long term plans in order to maintain adequate supplies of quality plant feed ores at minimum cost.
- Ensure that all quarry activities are completed following plans and are carried out safely while maximizing the protection of the environment.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze cost reports for both quarry operations and development activities to ensure cost efficient operations. Implement plans to ensure that contractor payments reflect actual work completed and optimize quarry operations to minimize costs. Review operations and make recommendations for improvement regarding quarry quarry equipment and operations to increase efficiencies and reduce costs. Review, validate, approve and manage contractor requests for payment to support Omya’s business systems.
- Working with contractors maintains safe working conditions and practices to achieve a zero lost time injury record and a zero MSHA citation record within area of responsibility. Performs work duties in accordance with Quality Systems Manual procedures, ISO standards and current Good Manufacturing
- Practices. Ensures that all activities are pursued within operating permit conditions and that there is compliance with all prevailing regulations
- Participate in the development of plans and schedules for the Alabama Quarries including the overburden and waste rock placement areas.
- Maintain monitoring and reporting procedures regarding quarry and overburden and waste rock placement operations.
- Monitor contracted drilling and blasting activities to ensure plans and records are maintained in compliance with all regulations and Omya requirements.
- Work closely with the Project Geologist, who is based in Vermont, to ensure mining activities maximize the recovery of the resources available from the Alabama Quarries.
- Coordinates the contracted trucking of ore from the quarry to the plant from both the GM Quarry and the Brown Quarry, as well as the hauling of waste materials from the Plant to Brown Quarry
- Ensure that the Crusher/Washer Operator operates the crushing and washing systems at optimum performance levels in order to achieve quality, productivity, cost objectives, and optimum stone recovery and minimal stone losses
- Coordinates the cleaning of settling ponds and the reclamation of this material to ensure minimum impact upon production operations and ensure that this process is completed in a cost effective manner.
- Develops plans and programs and implements these so that Omya Alabama maintains its positive relationship with the community and adjacent land owners. Operates and manages the quarries and overburden area so that Omya Alabama is viewed as a progressive leader in the mining industry with respect to reducing impact on the environment and the community
- Alabama Quarry Mine Engineer will have the opportunity to participate in Regional Quarry Projects from time to time with the Regional Mining Engineer or the Chief Geologist.
- This will certainly require some travel and the incumbent should be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- This listing of responsibilities is intended as a general description of the duties preformed in this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive listing of all of the duties to be performed by the employee.
- A degree in mining engineering with 5-10 years of mining engineering experience gained primarily at hard rock open pit or quarry operations.
- The position also requires advanced capacity to use Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Mine Planning and Resource Management computer software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to work both as a member of a team and independently are required.
Modesty, courtesy, integrity and perseverance summarize how Omya people behave vis-à-vis customers, partners and colleagues. These four Omya values are the most visible expression of the company’s style and a key ingredient of its corporate identity. All employees are committed to living the Omya values in their daily work.