- [Company] is an award-winning consulting firm offering geotechnical and environmental engineering, construction materials testing and facilities consulting services. Founded in 1988, the firm is ranked by ENR among the top engineering and environmental firms in the country. From our network of more than 40 offices strategically located across the United States, our expertise spans the nation and multiple industry sectors. Our commitment is to provide high quality and innovative engineering services. Setting the standard for service isn't just our tag line... it's the foundation of our business. M/F/D/V EOE and E-verify.
- This is an exceptional opportunity to join an established geotechnical engineering firm in the West Palm Beach region as Branch Manager of an existing office. Responsibilities of the position include marketing and business development, technical, managerial and administrative duties for leading an existing office with a current staff of 20-25 people. You will have full profit and loss responsibility for the office. The successful candidate will ideally come from West Palm Beach or surrounding areas, be a self-starter with established local contacts, have strong marketing/business development skills and will be responsible for client development. It is preferred that candidates have a technical background as a geotechnical, materials testing or environmental engineer, have a ‘roll-up' your sleeves mentality to get things done, and be a team builder. The firm has a national footprint, with other offices located throughout the region.
- You will be a licensed professional engineer or professional geologist with 10+ years’ experience in the consulting engineering business. You will be an accomplished technical professional with a strong background in geotechnical or environmental engineering, or construction materials testing, plus have proven leadership abilities. Only candidates who have had prior P&L responsibility at the department or branch management level will be considered. Upon Board approval, you will become a Principal Engineer.
- We are looking for a leader to take the office to the next level; an individual who will work to expand the firms presence in the local market. You will lead and mentor a team of geotechnical and CMT engineers, environmental scientists and project managers.
- BS degree required in civil engineering or a related field; MS degree desired.
- 10+ years of experience in the business of consulting engineering.
- Must be a FL licensed Professional Engineer [PE] or Professional Geologist [PG], or be capable of obtaining a local license through reciprocity within three months following date of hire.
- Ability to lead a team in an expanding market area.
- Proven marketing and business development skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
If hired for this position you will join an office with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. [Company] is committed to providing a diverse, drug-free work place and believes our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work and honesty in our employees. We provide ample industry related training, comprehensive benefits and a broad range of career opportunities. Driver’s license verification and pre-employment drug screening is required; random and post-incidence drug screening is also undertaken.