The T. E. Ibberson Company , a wholly-owned subsidiary of TIC-The Industrial Company , is an industry-preferred engineering and construction company with over 130 years of experience worldwide. TEI specializes in slipform construction serving specific industries each with its own unique design/build emphasis. Providing a complete spectrum of services, including concept development, facility design and construction, equipment installation, and start-up and commissioning, TEI is a valued business unit within the Kiewit Companies . Based in Minneapolis, MN, and with current project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with TEI . TEI offers employees competitive health benefits, generous 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
- Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisor (project controls, subcontracts and material management, scheduling). Generally, this position performs material takeoff, coordinates materials and change orders, expedites material on the job, prepares cost estimates, compiles and analyzes production and cost statistics. This position also provides technical support for field operations. May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small-sized project.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate as business needs.
- Individual will lead and coordinate a team to estimate competitively bid construction projects.
- Estimate and schedule mechanical, electrical, and industrial construction projects throughout North America
- Review proposals/specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid and site investigation meetings, etc. to prepare competitive bids.
- Train junior engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.