|Location:||Hamilton, NJ||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||47845||CareerMine Job Id:||1351536|
The Hamilton (Trenton) NJ office has an immediate opening for a Geologist, Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer with 0 to 5 years of experience to work on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
Responsibilities include planning field activities, field oversight of subcontractors, authoring technical reports, communicating with staff, ensuring quality execution, and evaluating site data to proactively progress projects toward regulatory closure.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 0 - 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of NJ regulations and guidance documents
- Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling
- Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, MGP waste, etc.
- Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments beneficial
- Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling a plus
- Office experience related to scheduling, lab coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
- The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements
- The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher a plus
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card and American Petroleum Institute (API) Work Safe certification a plus