|Location:||Pilbara, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493297||CareerMine Job Id:||1345288|
[Company] is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL's unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
[Company] remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
To support [Company] continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking a Environmental Advisor, to join our team on a full time basis.
The role will have a large environmental focus and will be supported by our expert environmental team from our head office. This role is a hands on, and will form an integral part of the site based team for a new start up mining operations in the Pilbara. It is envisaged that this position will provide support to the construction team, mining and crushing teams whilst promoting a OneMRL approach. The successful candidate will need to have the flexibility and ability to adapt to each working environment.
- Provide environmental guidance and assistance to all areas of site operations
- Manage project clearing operations via Site Disturbance Permit process
- Undertake annual environmental reporting requirements and seek statutory approvals as required
- Educate operations workforce on project environmental obligations
- Liaise with external Regulatory bodies and other key stakeholders
- Site inspection, hazard identification, incident investigation and corrective action
- Terrestrial fauna handling and management
- Assist with environmental rehabilitation tasks
- Prepare management plans and procedures
- Promote safety policies and systems to company personnel and subcontractors
- Carry out investigations as required on safety and environmental related incidents
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Environmental Science or Environmental Management
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role as a safety/environmental advisor within mining operations
- Understanding of safety systems and risk management
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage change, influence, motivate, mediate, negotiate and improve the performance and skill level of all staff
- Ability and willingness to work in remote locations and work autonomously
- Fauna handling skills
- Certified auditor
[Company] is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.