|Location:||Kerhsaw, SC||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||1497||CareerMine Job Id:||1351415|
Job Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Sets up and assists driller to bore exploration holes within and outside of mine property.
- Installs additional drill stems when needed.
- Collects drill cuttings and core for geochemical and environmental sampling.
- Assists with mixing and pumping drilling additives.
- Replaces broken or worn parts, using hand tools. Lubricates equipment.
- Places wooden stakes and tags to mark drill hole locations.
- Performs other work required
- Performs all duties and activities in a manner which conforms to safety and environmental requirements.
- Practices good housekeeping at drill site.
- A Class A CDL License is a PLUS!
Additional Key Activities:
- Practice and enforce security standards practices
- Work closely with the Geology department to optimize safe, timely drill hole results.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve and enhance the drilling process.
- Work with maintenance teams to maximize the safe, efficient operation of the drill equipment.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Safety: Complete pre-shift inspection and document use of PPE and housekeeping; participate in safety meetings and programs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (50 to 75 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- High School Diploma or GED