|Location:||Evansville, IN||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||560646||CareerMine Job Id:||1351405|
Summary Of Functions:
- To ensure that all resources available are utilized in a manner consistent with the manufacture of high quality products. To create (by means of training and development of procedures) and maintain a safe and efficient team of associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the training of all operators in the following areas: (this list is not all inclusive)
- Safety (personal, equipment)
- Manufacturing procedures and processes
- Equipment operation (set-up and control)
- Extrusion principles
- Physical properties of plastics
- Systems operation (water, resin distribution, etc.)
- Troubleshooting (non-conforming products, equipment casualty and/or failure)
- Ensures that all equipment is operated and maintained properly. Oversees and continuously monitors the overall operation of all equipment to ensure safe and efficient production.
- Coordinates with the previous shift supervisor on orders, problems, work schedules and housekeeping.
- Ensures that a quality product is produced. Checks on lines for correct print, resin mix, pull tape, lubricant and all specifications.
- Selects and installs the correct tooling for changeovers on the lines.
- Troubleshoots problems with lines.
- Directs and coordinates with shift maintenance the repair and maintenance of all equipment utilized in the manufacturing process.
- Enters and oversees production and process control.
- Assists with the development of new and established products.
- Inform extrusion technicians of any changes in production occurring throughout the shift.
- Assists with any problems that may occur on the lines.
- Maintains a good relationship with all departments to receive materials to produce high quality products.
- Assists scheduling in communicating what equipment is available to run a certain product.
- Maintains documentation on all associates within the department. As necessary, completes corrective action forms, disciplinary warning forms, absentee reports and any other documentation as required.
- Abides by and enforces all policies and procedures listed in the Salaried Employee
- Abides by and enforces all safety policies and procedures. Performs departmental safety audits for any hazards and removes and/or informs appropriate personnel of hazards, conducts accident investigations, and participates in safety committee meetings and safety programs.
- Performs all print changes for extruded products.
- Schedules personnel accordingly to meet production needs.
- Attends supervisor meetings when scheduled.
- Maintains employee relations.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions.
- Conducts departmental safety meetings on a monthly basis.
- Completes Monthly Status Report- efficiency, scrap, process improvement, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts periodic checks and reviews of training on employees
- Interviews prospective candidates for the department and recommend candidates for hire.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of all job descriptions for the department.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations
- Responsible for implementing and updating operating procedures on equipment within the department.
- Responsible for overseeing the plant on weekend shifts in the absence of the production manager.
- Checks in shipments and unloads reel trucks when instructed to in the absence of the shipping department.
- Sets up production for special orders
- Performs all other duties as directed by management
- Types of decisions are made on: tooling, job placement, promotion possibilities, line speed to run product, when is a particular deviation from specification (product dimension, packaging, etc.) acceptable, should the production schedule be altered, are manning/experience levels adequate to maintain, monitor and operate equipment and processes scheduled for a particular production period, and does employee have the mental/physical capabilities to complete an assigned task in a safe and efficient manner.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma required and some college desired.
- Knowledge of basic plastics, extrusion operations.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of resin and water systems, all extrusion areas and hazards, reel quality
- Equipment/machines: extruder, reelers, computer, lift truck, hand tools, tooling.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent language skills including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical process procedures.
- Ability to write, present and explain reports and work instructions pertaining to all phases of the operation.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Ability to lift more than 100 pounds with reasonable assistance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
- Ability to climb ladders, listen to equipment, look for defects in product and sense temperature changes in the finished product.
- Ability to hold conduit and drive nails into reel flanges simultaneously.
- Ability to move from one area to another by stepping over and/or bending under objects.
- Ability to spend up to 12 hours a shift on your feet and around hot machinery.
- Additionally work may include: outside conditions on top of railcars or silos in all types of weather.
- Manufacturing floor environment
- May include outside conditions on top of railcars or silos in all types of weather.