|Location:||El Paso, TX, NM and AZ||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||3575||CareerMine Job Id:||1351418|
- Manages day-to-day construction activities, including supervision of craft employees and subcontractors. Schedules field activities in coordination with the project schedule. Is responsible for safety, production goals, quality control, and cost control. May supervise one or more craft groups and/or scopes of work.
- This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 3 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. Sr. is used for employees with 5 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects.
- Supervises staff, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May conduct Individual Development Reviews. May make hiring, discipline, and/or termination decisions.
- Enforces the project schedule. Prepares and maintains a detailed schedule for specific areas of responsibility which relate to the project schedule. Prepares any other incremental schedules as required for the successful completion of the work.
- Uses available reports to manage cost and promote construction efficiency. Understands the Monthly Progress Report.
- Assists with or manages the implementation of LEAN
- Assists with or conducts subcontractor meetings.
- Assists in or conducts review of shop drawings and design conflicts along with RFI review and implementation and manages Quality Control and Safety responsibilities as well as subcontractor coordination and oversight.
- Reviews the following for proper preparation and coding: Time Sheets, Quantity reporting, and daily Completes all recording requirements in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with established operations procedures.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates manpower, equipment, material, and subcontract activities in accordance with the project schedule.
- Assists in or manages the selection of equipment, construction methods, and sequencing of operations.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
- Understanding of construction scheduling and cost control and the ability to control and supervise employees and subcontractors is
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
- Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors