Since it was first established in 1994, Ressources Appalaches has targeted the discovery and development of deposits of base and precious metals located in the Appalachians and on the Quebec North Shore.
Ressources Appalaches has recently become the sole proprietor of the Dufferin Mine, located in Nova Scotia and intends on bringing the mine to production shortly. The refurbishment of the mine and subsequent commercial gold production compels Ressources Appalaches to seek qualified candidates to join us in this terrific opportunity.
We have assembled an effective senior management team with a depth of experience. This team is empowered to provide leadership and ensure that the corporate philosophy is carried out within all levels of the company. We are looking to add a Financial Officer to our squad. If you are motivated, love a challenge, with unlimited potential, this position is right for you.
Job Title: Financial Officer/Comptroller Location: Sheet Harbour/Dufferin Mine Nova Scotia
The Financial Officer (FO) position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Reporting to the Project Lead and the Admin Officer, the FO will be a strategic financial advisor providing supportive vision and leadership to the executive team. The FO will set and monitor the financial policy and direction while being a key participant of the project’s overall fiscal strategy. The right candidate will lead all financial administration, business planning, budgeting, analysing and reporting on trends, opportunities for expansion as well as projection of future growth for the company. To succeed in this role, you will need to apply your proven experience in people and financial management as well as these following key accountabilities:
1. Providing fiduciary oversight of the senior management team in line with the project management plan;
2. Providing the financial reporting and forecasting required for securing funding from existing and ongoing provincial and federal grant participation programs;
3. Oversight of all human related payroll, CPP, EI, and workers compensation;
4. Developing a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimise the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions; and,
5. Creating and scrutinising quarterly and yearly financial statements.
Qualifications & Experience
The FO will be a knowledgeable leader with 5-8 years of experience successfully managing finance and corporate services functions, in complex organisations, ideally in the mining and exploration environment, as well as the following:
1. Masters degree in Business/Finance or equivalent experience with CGA/CA/CMA designation.
2. Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
3. experience and knowledge of mining and exploration industry, including accounting, compliance, and reporting.
4. Excellent written, oral, personal and inter-personal communication skills.
5. Providing information, advice and guidance on strategic decisions, operations and acquisitions and developing creative financing solutions in private and public markets.
6. Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining relationships with the banking community, non-banking lenders, junior and senior capital markets to ensure that the required resources are available to meet short and long term business objectives;
7. Providing the financial reporting and forecasting required for the securing of funding from existing and ongoing federal/provincial grant participation programs; and,
8. Providing leadership in developing and executing an acquisition and consolidation strategy.
This executive position is considered to be a unique opportunity to share in the inception of this eventual and highly successful mining venture in Altantic Canada. A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.