Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||March 5, 2013
To view company name. See instructions below
||May 6, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
World Renowned Mine has an outstanding position available for a Fitter with experience working underground. Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
This very successful Mine requires a qualified fitter to install, maintain and repair machines, plant and equipment.
Duties would include the installation of new components and must also be able to implement and monitor preventive maintenance programs.
Should have the ability to plan and organize tasks independently.
- Grade 12 certificate or N3 Fitting qualification
- Must be a qualified trade tested SECTION 13 Fitter
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Computer literate
- 3 years working experience in fitting within the mining industry with underground experience
- Experience working on Winders would advantageous
- Fitting of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge and applicable skills in plant maintenance , repair and installation of equipment
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications
- Performing and maintaining quality workmanship in the execution of tasks
- Identify possible defects or problems proactively and suggest corrective action
- Inspect machinery regularly and make any adjustments or repairs needed by removing any worn or damaged parts to install replacements, by sending a damaged part to the machine shop for repair or by doing the repair work were able
- Ensure working area and equipment is clean and safe at all times and in good working condition
- Ensure and comply with safety standards guidelines, policies and procedures