|Location:||Applecross, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493580||CareerMine Job Id:||1345290|
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing mining services business, [Company] has and continues to develop a world-class portfolio of mining operations, mining services and greenfield projects. To ensure we meet the ongoing opportunities and challenges associated with growth, we are currently seeking a senior executive to provide leadership across our newest commodity expansion - Lithium based from our Applecross Offices in Perth.
Reporting to the COO, the following outlines the primary responsibilities for the General Manager Lithium
Provide the knowledge and expertise from a technical perspective to enhance performance across our Lithium assets with a specific focus on short, medium and long-term mine plan optimisation, monitoring of crushing circuit operations and beneficiation plant metallurgical performance to deliver superior yield and grade quality requirements.
- Provision of ongoing leadership across the Lithium portfolio within [Company] to ensure we are meeting or exceeding our strategic and operational targets.
- Provide the knowledge and expertise from a technical perspective to enhance performance across our Lithium assets with a specific focus on short, medium and long-term mine plan optimisation, monitoring of crushing circuit operations and beneficiation plant metallurgical performance to deliver superior yield and grade quality requirements.
- Lead and take personal ownership of project design requirements, engineering and improvement initiatives to improve performance
- Lead business strategy and growth opportunities inclusive of profit and loss accountability and operational performance and the various inputs / levers.
- Actively communicate with joint venture partners, employees and other key stakeholders to ensure clear direction, targets and ways of working are understood and aligned.
- Setting performance standards and continuously innovating to improve efficiency consistent with our annual mine budgets.
- Directing and utilising the skills of our site based team of professionals in order to deliver business performance expectations
- Demonstrating integrity, pragmatism and trust in all of your interactions with community, indigenous and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills including an ability to interpret financial and output/outcome performance data
- Effective communication, relationship and partnership skills including high level negotiation and presentation skills with stakeholders
- Superior organisational skills and proven ability to manage competing demands and priorities
- Ability to effectively lead and manage diverse teams of employees and skills
- Tertiary qualifications in metallurgy, chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong technical process experience and background
- Demonstrated ability in optimising production from complex processing plants
- Demonstrated competence in managing the entire supply chain from mine to product and strategically planning for operations at an executive level
- Demonstrated competence in managing lithium mineral process projects at an executive level
This is a permanent role based at the Applecross office, with frequent travel to remote mine sites. This role represents an opportunity to work in a key position on one of Australia's most significant resources contracting businesses.
[Company] is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position. This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.