- $10 Billion project taking it through to full production;
- Key leadership role in project execution phase.
- Site based position working a FIFO roster.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced projects delivery professional to deliver the site and related field works associated with the world class Wafi Golpu project in PNG. Reporting to the Project Director and a key member of the management team, you will act as the primary contact point for all in- country activities as well as the project representative to all in-country stakeholders on behalf of the Project Director and joint venture partners.
Your initial focus will be the Early Works program which encompasses the delivery of required site facilities (camps, site infrastructure etc) and access works (roads, portal, decline development) as well as the expanded data collection and drill-out program. The role will then progress to manage construction of the mine and related facilities.
Key responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Managing budget , plans, engineering and schedules and construction contractors to achieve the Early Works program;
- Provision of technical advice and identification of business and project improvement opportunities;
- Ensuring the appropriate compliance and control measures are in place;
- Providing high calibre technical advice and guidance as required to effectively manage the Project;
- Briefing Management, Staff, Consultants and other service providers, about project objectives, key requirements, key risk and performance against schedule and budget;
- Developing and implementing strategies to manage risk and recover schedule delays where required;
- Providing direction on project concept and development through to review and approval of detailed design;
- Reviewing project design and engineering briefs and/or proposal documents;
- Ensuring effectiveness in a multi-cultural team environment;
- Encouraging effective communications with project team members and all stakeholders including suppliers, community groups, regulatory and Government agencies and internal stakeholders to achieve alignment with project objectives;
To be successful in this role you will be tertiary qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
You will have at least 15 years experience in major projects, having held a leadership role in the development and delivery of large Greenfield and Brownfield multi-billion dollar mining projects, as well as a strong exposure to managing and engaging with top tier EPCM's.
You will have high level communication skills with experience in dealing and reporting to senior management, boards and project stakeholders.
This is a site based position with a FIFO roster yet to be determined. An attractive remuneration package is on offer reflecting the skills and experienced required for this role. A relocation package is on offer for the right candidate so the ability to secure a PNG Working Visa or Australian employment visa (where applicable) is essential