|Location:||Morgan, UT||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||2017-2905||CareerMine Job Id:||1351511|
- We have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, the Company has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life.
- In the United States, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, [Company] companies have sites located in 43 states and employ approximately 6,000 people. Our customers rely on us to help them design and build better communities with innovative solutions that deliver structural integrity and eco-efficiency. We are committed to contributing to Building Better Cities and are an active participant in local environmental, educational and sustainable construction initiatives, including relationships with the Wildlife Habitat Council and Habitat for Humanity.
- Gain knowledge about the operating procedures and process control plans and various products at a Cement or Aggregate site
- Understand various operations
- Collate data, establish process correlations and develop strategies for capital projects
- Incumbent will get firsthand knowledge on how to ensure maximum process equipment capacity usage through continuous monitoring and improvement of process control parameters
- Incumbent will be assigned to a real job/task and expected to make a contribution that will have an impact on the business
- Incumbent will be expected to utilize various skill sets/knowledge
- Incumbent will be expected to make a presentation at the end of their internship to executive leadership regarding what they have learned and what they believe they have contributed to the business, as well
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures* ( *not for all majors)
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in engineering (mining, electrical, or mechanical).
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Team oriented and able to work with all levels of the organization
- Willing to spend time out in field getting know the business first hand
- Must be mobile and willing to work at any of our operational sites throughout the U.S.
- Ability to work flexible hours, at times, throughout the summer
- Benefits of a [Company] Internship:
- Experience in engineering within the building materials industry
- Work in a positive, well-balanced environment
- Learn about the industry from all levels of [Company] management
- Potential opportunity, upon graduation, for full-time employment with a successful, fast-growing company!