|Location:||Indonesia||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||CareerMine Job Id:||1345258|
Martabe Gold Mine is managed and operated by [Company]. The mine covers an area of 30 km2 that falls under the sixth generation of Contract of Work (Cow) covering a total area of 1,639 km2.
The resource base on 31 December 2015 includes 7.4 Mos. of gold and 69 Mos. of silver. Production commenced at Martabe on 24 July 2012. The operating capacity of Martabe Gold Mine is 4.5 tap ore to produce in excess of 250,000 oz. of gold and 2-3 Mos. of silver per annum.
[Company] engages approximately 2,300 employees and contractors, more than 98% Indonesians, of which 71% were recruited from South Tapanuli and other regions in North Sumatra.
To strengthen the existing management team and to ensure the achievement of the company objectives, the Martabe Gold Mine is looking for candidate to fill the role:
GEOLOGIST TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (EXP 1703021)
(Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months)
This position will be based at Martabe Site and reports directly to the Exploration Superintendent.
The role of the Geologist Technical Assistant is:
- To directly support Geologists in conducting and managing geology field work in the Martabe Area of Interests (AoI), and regional projects in order to ensure geology programs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- To ensure all safety, environment and community standards are followed in the field.
- To ensure regular flow of information to senior geologists.
Candidates for this role would be expected to have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum Senior High School or Geology Vocational School desirable Bachelor Degree in Geology.
- Eight to ten years of practical support in exploration geology.
- Have an Operational Supervisory Level 1 certificate from DOME (Pengawas Operational Pratama).
- Good leadership and small team organizational skills.
- Able to implement programs on his own once given direction from his geologist supervisor.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Have a broad knowledge about geological work.
- Basic spoken and written English language skills.
- Able to write comprehensive reports for internal reporting.
- Experience in planning and implementing exploration field programs.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have good mountaineering and jungle survival skills.
- Encourage Female to apply.