- ECS is an award-winning consulting firm offering geotechnical and environmental engineering, construction materials testing and facilities consulting services. Founded in 1988, the firm is ranked by ENR among the top engineering and environmental firms in the country. From our network of more than 40 offices strategically located across the United States, our expertise spans the nation and multiple industry sectors. Our commitment is to provide high quality and innovative engineering services. Setting the standard for service isn't just our tag line... it's the foundation of our business. M/F/D/V EOE and E-verify.
- The Greensboro, NC office of ECS seeks a Senior Geotechnical Engineer who will function as Department Manager, and upon board approval, Principal Engineer. The position requires a commitment to manage the department for growth with a strong emphasis on client and business development. Responsibilities include leading and mentoring a team of geotechnical engineers and project managers, overseeing geotechnical and field services projects, preparing and reviewing reports, preparing proposals for geotechnical engineering services, managing departmental P&L, and assisting senior staff in marketing ECS services by maintaining regular client contact. Candidates with knowledge of and established relationships in the greater Piedmont Region are strongly preferred.
- BSCE required; MSCE with geotechnical emphasis preferred
- 7+ years of civil/geotechnical engineering experience.
- Must have a NC PE license, or be capable of obtaining a local license through reciprocity within three months following date of hire.
- Strong project management, marketing and communication skills required.
- We seek a technically competent geotechnical engineer with skills in business development and an interest in growing the department.
If hired for this position you will join an office with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. ECS is committed to providing a diverse, drug-free work place and believes our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work and honesty in our employees. We provide ample industry related training, comprehensive benefits and a broad range of career opportunities. Driver's license verification and pre-employment drug screening are required; random and post-incidence drug screening is also undertaken.