An opportunity is available to join a leading mining consultancy in the role of Geotechnical Engineer (Underground) based in Melbourne.
The role will offer the opportunity to work as part of a highly professional team delivering feasibility studies and operational projects in a timely and cost effective manner whilst maintaining excellent quality standards.
Responsibilities will include;
As a suitable applicant you will have;
- Providing geotechnical knowledge to clients, both from the office and on site where necessary
- Underground mapping
- Geotechnical inspections
- Data collection and processing
- Assist in ensuring the operation achieves maximum yield in a safe manner
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven geotechnical experience in the mining sector
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Understanding of rock and soil mechanics
- Strong communication skills
- A salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 is available for this role depending on skills and experience.