Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
||January 29, 2013
AMEC Earth & Environmental
||March 30, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- GIS analysis and mapping support on projects for public and private sector clients, particularly for water resources and environmental sectors.
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping as a member of various water resources (including floodplain mapping) and environmental services project teams
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and client needs
- Communicate with project team members and other stakeholders to define data needs, project requirements, and desired outputs
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps
- Perform regular quality control checks of GIS Data and non-spatial databases with minimal supervision to ensure data integrity
- Manage individual project tasks related to GIS, database design and management, and data visualization
- Customize GIS workflow and software programs for data collection, engineering, and environmental applications
- 0-7 years of GIS experience
- BA/BS in GIS, Geography or related field
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Experience in producing high-quality digital and hardcopy maps and project graphics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and self-motivated
- Experience with FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program
- Experience with stormwater management
- Experience with ArcGIS Server
- Customization of GIS software using Python