Our client is an LSE listed Mining and Exploration Company with assets in Africa.
They are committed to becoming a leader in their field with a portfolio of operations, underpinned by a strong financial base and world class practice.
- Review accounting policies to ensure appropriateness and compliance with IFRS and IFRIC.
- Ensure policies are being implemented correctly across the group.
- Review best practice across peers and from specialist advisors.
- Oversee consolidation processes at month end and quarter end periods.
- Review financial submissions from subsidiaries for appropriateness and compliance with group policies.
- Lead creation of quarterly external financial reports (including financial statements, notes, and other information as required).
- Manage creation of annual report - focusing on financial statements (group and company).
- Lead and co-ordinate external audit.
- Support additional finance areas as required, to include payments, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts preparation, transaction support, legal work.
- Up to 30% Travel may be required.
Qualifications / Skills:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Minimum of 4 years PQE.
- Previous Heavy Industry / Mining experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Accounting technical skills essential.
- Experienced IFRS user.
- Computer literate, excellent excel skills.
- Proactive/results driven with lots of initiative.
- Resilient and flexible.
- Good written communication skills.
- £65,000 - £75,000 per annum