Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist
||December 25, 2012
To view company name. See instructions below
||February 23, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
- We are the world’s leading supplier of two piece can and end-making machinery for the global can making industry. Our high speed machines can be found in can plants around the world performing the value-added functions of the can making process. In addition to supplying individual machines, we design, install and support complete can and end lines for beverage and food cans.
- Our machine shop is clean and very organized*
- As a CNC Machinist for our company, you will be an important member of the team that produces finish machined parts; produces pre-machined component parts for our fabrication shop; loads machines using overhead cranes or by hand; assists our programming department with writing and editing programs for our fleet of CNC mills; maintains safe operations of all equipment; maintains equipment; maintains continuity among work shifts; documents actions; updates job knowledge; accomplishes organizational goals. Candidate MUST be able to set-up, edit, and maintain print specifications. We are looking for several Experienced, Professional, And Fully-Trained individuals to join our team. This is not just a "button pushing" position.
- Proven safety record. Takes precautions and preventive measures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Understands tooling equipment, tooling processes, and industrial trends. Realizes that part accuracy is directly related to the accuracy of the tooling therefore the tooling must be handled with extreme care.
- Has the ability to read and understand detailed mechanical assembly drawings and detailed machining drawings.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment controls and instrumentation to monitor progress and determine actions. Understands the proper use of OD/ID micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators to ensure accuracy of the part being machined.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Maintains painstaking attention to detail, completing multiple or repetitive tasks. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience operating a large CNC machine.
- Capable of heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggests improvements, and collaborates with others to generate ideas and improve processes.
- Experience analyzing complex functions, procedures, and problems to find creative, logical, and affective solutions.
- Articulates ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience.
- Trained in hands-on equipment maintenance.
- High Level CNC Operator
- Comfortable With High End Machinery
- Own Tools
- Working with High Tolerances