|Location:||Goldfields||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||493604||CareerMine Job Id:||1345283|
[Company] is an ASX top 200 listed company and a leader in the field of diversified mining services.
The success of Mineral Resources is closely linked to its most valuable asset, its people, and the Company is proud of its ability to attract and retain a team of first class professionals in their respective fields. Mineral Resource's focus is a commitment that all employees operate in the safest working environments through the implementation of world-class operating policies, procedures, and management systems concurrent with adding outstanding value under its partnering arrangements with its customers.
With a significant portfolio of projects, a well-trained and dedicated workforce, as well as a strong financial position, Mineral Resources Limited is set to continue with its success as a leading industry specialist in mining services and its associated commodity production operations.
MRL has an exciting opportunity for a HS Advisor - Mining Operations to be a part of a high functioning team. The role, reporting to the Registered Manager, will be on a 2/1 roster. It is envisaged that this position will provide support to the construction team, mining and crushing teams whilst promoting OneMRL. The successful candidate will need to have the flexibility and ability to adapt to each working environment.
The position responsibilities:
- Support and advise the Registered Manager on all safety matters
- Promote safety policies and systems to company personnel and subcontractors
- Mentor and lead the small safety team on site
- Provide effective advice, guidance, coaching and mentor to all site personnel on effective health, safety and training practices
- Analysis of trends in relation to workplace safety performance
- Communicate & cooperate with the site leadership team to best facilitate the needs of their workforce
- Carry out investigations as required on safety and environmental related incidents
- Site workplace inspections
- Administrating fitness for work processes and assisting in rehabilitation management
- Maintain all safety and environmental related records - record all incidents, generate safety reports, receive safety related data, correlate all safety performance statistics
- Regularly review the site specific safety management plans for required amendments
- Assist in the development of training programs that include mobilisation and site induction
- Manage induction of new employees
- Assist in accident/incident investigations and assist in the identification corrective actions
- Diploma in OHS
- Minimum 5 year's experience as a safety professional, within mining production and operations
- Exceptional understanding of safety systems and risk management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to personnel on all levels
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage change, influence, motivate, mediate, negotiate and improve the performance and skill level of all staff.
[Company] is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for positions.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.