Black Diamond Group has been providing our customers with remote workforce accommodation, mobile work spaces and oilfield rental equipment since 2003 and has quickly become a leader in the modular space and energy services industry. With a network of 19 offices and four business units in Canada, the United States and Australia, Black Diamond has an excellent reputation for providing world-class industry site services to the oil and gas exploration and production, mining, forestry, construction, industrial, military, education and government markets.
Black Diamond Structures specializes in remote workforce housing and modular workspace solutions; Black Diamond Logistics provides turnkey lodging services, remote facility management and supply chain solutions; Black Diamond Energy Services supplies oilfield equipment and Black Diamond International provides remote workforce housing and modular workspace solutions outside of North America.
Black Diamond Group offers exceptional opportunities for people in every stage of their career – new grads, professionals, trades and field personnel– to grow alongside a team dedicated to excellence in customer service, business operations and above all, health and safety. With Black Diamond Group, opportunities for career advancement are plentiful and diverse, innovative working environments with competitive benefits are certain.
Reporting to the Branch Manager the Inside Sales Representative, located in our Stoney Creek office, will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the BOXX Modular team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
The Inside Sales Representative performs all of the following duties:
- Supporting a branch’s sales team including creating sales documents and proposals, qualifying customers, researching leads, routine inquiries and information requests, generating reports related to sales activities and revenue data, as well as handling customers and prioritizing customer requests while the sales team is out of the office
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Present price and terms in accordance with standard procedures
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Contact customers following sales/rentals to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Communicate to the Branch Manager unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary degree in marketing or business may be required
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written