|Location:||Saint Paul, MN||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||12||CareerMine Job Id:||1333246|
[Company] provides geotechnical, environmental, materials and forensics consulting and testing services to public and private sector clients in a broad spectrum of industries. We have built our reputation on experience, quality, and fulfilling client requirements in a cost effective and timely manner. Many of our principals, engineers, scientists and certified technicians have decades of practical experience in their areas of specialization. Our extraordinary accumulation of site data and construction history in the Upper Midwest has been a valuable asset for many professionals.
- Perform field and laboratory testing and observations of construction materials including concrete, soils, masonry, aggregate, asphalt, and reinforcing steel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations or workable solutions may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Perform testing services including:
- Field testing and/or observations of construction materials, including concrete, soils, aggregate, masonry, asphalt, and reinforcing steel.
- Report field test results.
- Assist work coordinators in laboratory tests of materials.
- Communicate with project manager, clients, and contractors.
- Maintain equipment in clean working order.
Other Areas of Accountability
- Conduct field, laboratory and office activities in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations and [Company] Health and Safety Policy that promotes the safety and protection of employees, clients and the public.
- Properly use and maintain company instruments and equipment.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Some positions may require the use of a personal vehicle for company business. Maintain current DOT physicals if required for position.
- Coordinate with other staff with the ultimate goal of increasing efficiency, productivity, and communication.
- Perform other job duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vo-Tech or pursuing Engineering or related degree preferred but not required.
- Previous construction industry, materials testing, and/or civil engineering experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication skills sufficient to work effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide variety of people, work effectively within project teams, resolve issues and problems in a constructive manner, and work independently in the field.
- Capable of the physical labor required, with personal protective equipment. Items over 50 pounds may request an assisted lift.
- Ability to: Frequently lift 30-50 pounds from the floor to 2-3 feet; Frequently carry 30-50 pounds for 10-30 fee; Occasionally lift 50-70 pounds from the floor to 2-3 feet; Occasionally carry 50-70 pounds for 10-30 feet; Infrequently lift up to 100 pounds from the floor up to 5 feet; Infrequently carry up to 100 pounds for 10-30 feet.