Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
1008556 Job Summary
Director IT Infrastructure & Operations
Employer Job Id:
October 16, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 15, 2013
- Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability, Citizenship and Safety. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!
- This position is responsible for leading a group of resources, distributed service desk and field operations team located across North America. The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team builds, manages and operates secure, scalable, optimized and highly reliable infrastructure to meet agreed upon service levels and business requirements. This position fills a significant role in the implementation and development of the I&O function within the company, along with creating and supporting the processes and supporting tools.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- Develops and manages the long-term strategic direction for IT I&O to ensure alignment with the overall IT operating model and the company’s strategic plan
- Ensures platform development and new solutions’ designs are created and implemented to meet key criteria for reliability, availability, manageability, performance and security (RAMPS)
- Manages financials and performance of the IT services and infrastructure programs, ensuring cost transparency for the full stack of technology so that suitable IT investments are made
- Manages demand & service delivery with suppliers and partners for infrastructure (devices, networks, data centers, hosting), applications and operations so that business demand translates into resource and capacity planning, manages portfolio of SLAs & commitments
- Implements Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and tools to ensure standardization and predictable performance and continuously reviews and improves on those processes
- Deployment of end user devices, applications, data hosting, local area networks and wide area networks, identity access and active directory, and the engineering and deployment of data centers and networking so that the users and business are able to be effective through technology
- Accountable for the development, implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery Plans in cooperation with the Business to ensure that in the case of a disaster we are able to support the business continuity
- Manages the day-to-day operations of availability, performance, compliance & costs of Applications and Infrastructure in production, including support in the event of interruptions in service (restoration of service) and break/fix support in the event of outright service failures.
- Manages service desks, field support, end user care and IT communication to ensure a consistent and simple point of contact for all end user related issues and requests
- Ensures that all service requests are registered, tracked and resolved, ensures timely involvement of the right levels of support, initiates the escalation process whenever necessary, managing it through completion
- Aligns call center/service desk performance with end to end service requirements to ensure we are meeting commitments and needs of the business
- Provides the means to fulfill end user requests related to standard infrastructure catalog items
- Bachelor’s degree in management, technology, or related field required
- MBA preferred
- 15+ years progressive IT experience
- 10+ years IT operations management experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven track record of I & O vision, innovation and executions including the implementation of service models across multiple businesses
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data center management and implementing ITIL best practices
- Fluency in supplier management and solid negotiations skills
- Proven ability to plan, forecast and manage financial budgets
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
- Team player, with excellent collaboration, presentation and influencing skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others
- Strong business acumen including the ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong team building skills and team facilitation skills that include bringing people together from various disciplines, experience, and geographies to work toward a common goal
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by [Company] Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Occasional travel, including overnight
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List