Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
600896 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 4, 2012
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer experienced with Oilfield Drilling, Well Servicing and Mobile Equipment.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for the advanced development, structural design, analysis, testing and implementation of new or improved designs.
- Design layouts, calculations and detail design of new products such as masts, substructures, carriers and more;
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers on a daily basis;
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports;
- Assess structural engineering needs pertaining to new and existing projects and apply existing engineering design or develop new designs as appropriate to meet identified needs;
- Analyze complex purchased and fabricated components to assure functional compatibility to design requirements;
- Develops timelines and resource allocations for equipment quotations;
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding product specifications and manufacturing capabilities to achieve desired design;
- Maintain documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory requirements including ISO 9001;
- Delegate work to and direct Designers and/or Drafters in the development of complex new designs or the implementation of Engineering Change Requests (ECR's); assist Drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafts tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software;
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification;
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications;
- Investigate complex equipment failures and system malfunctions and recommend design modifications to eliminate such equipment or system malfunctions;
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems;
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of design or applications.
- A degree in engineering with an emphasis on structural design and a minimum of four years of related experience;
- A Master's degree in engineering is preferred;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as API, ASME, CWB, CE-ATEX and OH&S;
- Excellent knowledge of Oilfield Drilling and Well Servicing and Mobile Equipment;
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely;
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace;
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem;
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures;
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job title;
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook); prior training and experience with JD Edwards One World software is preferred;
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGGA
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List