WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
We are currently recruiting for two Piping Engineers to work on Major Projects. One of these will be based in Calgary, Alberta, and one will be based initially in Europe before relocating back to Calgary. The European role will be working in Spain to develop a project for a short period before implementing the project here in Canada. CNRL will provide various options for relocation.
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Piping Engineer will work closely with EPC companies and the internal engineering team contributing to piping design, fabrication and construction to enhance the success of the Horizon Oil Sands plant expansion
• Advise and make recommendations to plant management and leadership to resolve piping issues
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Opportunity to share your knowledge gained through many years of experience in an oil sand operating environment, refinery, petrochemical plant, mineral processing plant, mining or related industry
• Develop, review and maintain engineering standards, specifications and procedures related to piping (ASME B 31.1, 31.3 and 31.11)
• Use Smart Plant Review/ PDS and participates in 3D Model Reviews
• Provide expertise in piping material and valve selection within piping systems
• Develop and review Engineering and Construction work packages and coordinate the inspection and maintenance of all piping systems in accordance with the piping safety programs
• Support registration of piping to ABSA
• Ownership of all matters related to piping, materials, supports and stress analysis
• Implement the closure weld program
• Oversee spool fabrication and piping module assembly contracts
APPLY YOUR SKILLS TO OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Ore Preparation Plant and Hydrotransport Pipeline
Froth Treatment Plant
Tailings Transfer Treatment Plant
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience coupled with Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working on large integrated sites, Oil and Gas operating facilities or with an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firm
o Working with inspection codes such as ASME B 31.1, 31.3 and 31.11
o API 570
o Preparation of line class inspection
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.