Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
688390 Job Summary
Senior Project Geochemist
Employer Job Id:
September 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 18, 2012
Senior Project Geochemist
- [Company] is currently seeking a mid-level Geochemist for our Redmond, Washington office.
- The Redmond, Washington office is seeking a mid-level Geochemist to join its dynamic team. An appreciation for high-quality, client-focused work products is essential. The ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally is a necessity. As a key member of the team, you will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities that include:
- Providing support, direction and supervision of geochemical projects, specifically in mining environments (depending on experience);
- Conducting geochemical characterization studies (soil, mine wastes, ore), associated groundwater and surface water sampling, and other environmental investigations;
- Collection, management and analysis of geochemical data;
- Water quality and geochemical modeling, report preparation and review; and
- Mentoring and supervision of junior geochemists
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Masters or PhD degree in Geochemistry, Hydrogeology, Geology, Environmental Science or related field, ideally with a focus on mining-related activities.
- Strong, all-round academic knowledge of geochemistry, surface water and groundwater interactions, hydrology, water treatment and physical and chemical hydrogeology.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience conducting and assessing geochemistry projects.
- Ability to plan and execute field programs with knowledge of proper sampling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to track budgets and schedules for large interdisciplinary projects.
- Desire to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues in a readily-understood format.Experience with industry-standard geochemical software (PHREEQC, Geochemist Workbench, AquaChem, etc).
- Strong abilities with respect to data manipulation (e.g., EXCEL, ACCESS, PYTHON).
- Familiarity with guidance documents used for mine waste characterization and mine water quality prediction (e.g., MEND, GARD Guide).
- All candidates must have excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- A proficiency in spoken and written Spanish is highly advantageous.
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of services.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to work in large, multi-disciplinary teams to support large projects across several geographically-distributed offices is required.
- Knowledge of other mining-related disciplines would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of organic contaminants, radionuclide chemistry, or other environmentally-focused geochemical issues is beneficial.
- Understanding of hydrogeologic concepts as applied to environmental site assessments and investigations strongly preferred.
- Registered professional engineer or geoscientist or willing to apply for registration.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List