Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
697903 Job Summary
Environmental Engineer / Specialist
Employer Job Id:
Kettle River Mine Operation, WA
July 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
Environmental Engineer / Specialist
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this Environmental Engineer/Specialist role is to perform the following: Responsible for supervising on-site monitoring and sampling at the site in accordance with approved permits, monitoring plans, and QA/QC manuals. Monitoring must be completed in a timely manner. Compile monitoring data in databases to facilitate compilation of required reports and generate said reports. Assist with the development of environmental management plans, permit applications, monitoring plans, reclamation cost estimates, and waste management plans. Design and develop processes, practices, and methodologies in environmental field. Coordinate with other departments and 3rd party contractors.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
- Assist in writing environmental permit applications, project descriptions, environmental management plans, and other documents as required. Update these documents as needed.
- Contributes to the development of policies and practices related to environmental
- Assigns tasks to less experienced employees and provides mentorship and guidance on complex or escalated issues
- Actively seeks mentorship and learning to improve product or technical knowledge and skill set
- Assists Environmental Technicians/Specialist in performing environmental monitoring and sampling
- Monitor the site and work with affected departments to correct problems or potential problems to assure continuous compliance with permit conditions and applicable regulations
- Conducts regular and frequent inspections of company operations to ensure regulatory and permit compliance
- Provide training to mine site personnel as needed
Adheres to all safety and environmental regulations. Wears PPE at all times while in the production environment. Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions. Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Work is complex and performed under limited direction. Problem resolution is within established guidelines and procedures, requiring the use of judgment to determine which of many methods are applicable in any given situation. Seeks assistance from others when dealing with unfamiliar or problem situations. Proceeds on own initiative but supervisor is available to provide direction in the amendment / development of new practices and procedures. Work is reviewed for attainment of objectives, adherence to policies, procedures and timelines.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
Additional Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- BA or BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Management, Biological Sciences, or related field a plus.
- Ability to work well with mine site personnel in various departments/positions throughout sit
- Working knowledge and skills with a P.C. utilizing word processing, access, and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations, as they relate to mining operations (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, CAA, SARA Title III etc.)
- Physically able to safely perform field work: including lifting, carrying, digging.
- In-depth understanding of Kinross’ processes a definite asset
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to function within the physical demands on the job
- Knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations
- A working knowledge of the provisions of all environmental permits and regulations
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List