Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
707332 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
January 16, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
March 20, 2013
Our client is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary professional services firm that delivers a comprehensive array of technical and strategic services, including Consulting, Information Technology, Engineering, Process Development, and Project and Construction Management to the Mining, Metallurgical, Energy, and Infrastructure sectors. Projects at an all time high with more $35 billion in projects currently under our clients management.
To support 2 large projects in Mining and Coal. In these roles you will be responsible for managing the engineering effort across planning, resourcing and scheduling, as well as providing technical leadership, integrating the disciplines and resolving issues. The Engineering Manager is also responsible for all technical deliverables to achieve project objectives, within specified timeframes and budgets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role you will offer:
- Arranging and facilitating design reviews, and participating as required in engineering and construction reviews, management reviews and proposals
- Leading safety, raise safety awareness and ensure the design for safety principles are applied to projects
- Cooperating with the Global Engineering practices of other Regions as directed on matters involving sharing of available expertise
- Developing design management plans together with the project leadership team (including procurement, controls, construction, commissioning), and allocate roles and responsibilities
- Developing resource plans
- Directing and reviewing engineering activities to ensure that work quality is satisfactory and appropriate technical personnel development programs are conducted
- Ensuring engineering risk assessments and HAZOPs are carried out and all identified issues are addressed
- Evaluating and reporting on progress of engineering teams and results obtained, and recommends major changes if needed to achieve overall objectives
- Involving specialist expertise internally or externally as necessary
- Contacting clients at key points throughout project to ensure that engineering is meeting client requirements
- Providing input into the project monthly report with respect to design progress, cost and issues of concern
- Regularly reviewing the structure of engineering project teams in terms of its ability to meet short and long term objectives, and institute appropriate changes
- A recognised degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 12 years of authoritative engineering experience
- • Extensive progressive work experience, including supervision, preferably in project and staff design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms
- An extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering processes and materials, and engineering applications of current engineering technologies
- General knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria in engineering disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of administrative practices, skill in negotiation for dealing with client representatives
- Demonstrated successful team management (preferably diverse teams – multidiscipline), and developed effective change management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of project planning and understanding of multi-discipline interdependencies
- Knowledge of drawing production and document control methodologies
- Knowledge of progress assessment and measurement and engineering control strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List