· Democratic Republic of the Congo
· Challenging Opportunity
· Attractive FIFO roster
Our client listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange operates a large-scale copper-cobalt project with substantial high-grade mineral reserves and integrated metallurgical operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). They now seek to appoint a Plant Metallurgist to be a team member responsible for the metallurgical laboratory, concentrator plant and associated infrastructure.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for:
· Overseeing the daily production of the metallurgical laboratory and the operational control of the copper/cobalt concentrator and participate as a team member to ensure that the company’s objectives, KPI’s and targets are achieved;
· Participate as a team member in the plant optimisation and expansion programs;
· Participate in the training of plant operators;
To be successful for this position you will have demonstrated to have:
· Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering, with +5 years of experience in copper/cobalt hydrometallurgy;
· Strong communication (oral and written), presentation and negotiation skills;
· Previous experience in training African Nationals will be advantageous;
This challenging opportunity offers the successful applicant to join a highly motivated international multidiscipline team with a modern organizational structure. Furthermore an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of this position is offered to the successful candidate.