· Exciting Middle East Position
· Residential Role in a Stable and Safe Location
· Attractive Salary and Relocation Benefits
Our client is a joint stock company facilitating the development of mineral resources within the Middle East. They are currently seeking a number of Senior Geologists to lead their enormous exploration program.
· Develop drill programmes to investigate known precious and base metal deposits and those which may be discovered as a result of the ongoing work programmes
· Monitor performance against agreed levels to ensure effective cost control and delivery in line with milestones. Strong focus on QC/QC; all data must be auditable and defendable.
· Investigate geological anomalies, which may involve screening using ground gravity, prospecting, and detail geochemical and geological surveys.
· Provide the high-level discipline-specific technical advice, guidance and innovative problem resolution capability in order to address acquisition/processing issues and support and/or complement colleagues’ contributions.
· Make frequent visits to field sites to ensure proper implementation of technical standards and field procedures.
· Monitors on a continuing basis all exploration and drill programmes to ensure all are fully auditable to JORC standards
· Perform supervisory functions and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
· Supervises at least 4 Geologists and other technical staff
· Motivate, develop, train and appraise staff in order that they maximize their contribution and fulfilled their personal development needs.
You will possess:
· Bachelor of Science in one of the geo sciences from an internationally recognised institution.
· Experience in Gold or Base Metal exploration
· Experience with large scale geophysical programmes
· Experience across multiple commodities and different geological terrains
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and good knowledge of English
· Expert knowledge of softwares such as MAPINFO, DHLogger or similar
· Computer literacy in geological modelling
· Experience in drill programmes and compilation of drill results
· Personal skills: leadership, communication, teamwork & collaboration, analytical thinking