WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Please select the WHAT WE OFFER tab on http://careers.cnrl.com/Horizon to learn more about our competitive compensation plan!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
The Manager - Health, Security and Emergency Services (HSES) will be responsible to ensure that the implementation of systems, practices and stewardship processes are aligned with the goals and objectives of Horizon Operations and Major Projects while managing a team of professionals.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for Project Horizon’s regulatory compliance and due diligence in the areas of:
• Process and Workplace Operating and Medical Services
• Emergency Services
• Security and Industrial Hygiene during ongoing multiple construction phases
• Operation and maintenance of the facility
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide leadership for all areas of responsibility
• Develop, implement, maintain and continually improve comprehensive management systems including:
o Appropriate standards
o Procedures and programs
o Administrative processes and technical elements of program development
o Establish and implement metrics to optimize construction and operational performance
• Provide leadership and coordination between Canadian Natural project management and contractors on site
• Recruitment and staffing of positions
• Implement process for reviewing contractor performance against applicable laws, regulations, and company requirements
• Plan, develop, implement and maintain education, orientation, and training programs for workers at site
• Supervise the performance of on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and work practices for compliance with established standards and regulations; recommend controls and corrections
• Evaluate audit findings and ensure relevant corrective or preventative actions are recorded, logged, initiated and closed out
• Liaise with Horizon Business Areas to ensure business related Emergency Preparedness, Health and Medical Services including wellness objectives are being met
• Build management and employee commitment for the Health, Security and Emergency Services programs
• Integrate and interface with corporate groups to ensure Horizon Project processes and practices are consistent and appropriate
• Prepare and present written and oral reports to senior management, outside agencies and the public
• Forecast, allocate, schedule and budget the capital allotted for health, security and emergency services activities
• Typically 15 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry with an Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA as a Professional engineer in Alberta
• Minimum of 3 years experience with major construction projects for:
o Industrial Hygiene
o Emergency Preparedness
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.